Dont Have an Account? Register for an Account Here

Crisis is not random

Rank

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2013-11-14

PM

The crisis that we are living in is not random. It is the work of a Sovereign God leading us back to Himself.

Do you find yourself agreeing with this statement more now than before you read this book? 

Do you now see a way to walk with sight and confidence through the crisis?

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2013-11-17

PM

Seeing how God used the crisis of the plagues to build faith and character in the hearts of His people has been very helpful and encouraging for me. It is really easy when I am in the midst of crisis to interpret the circumstance as God’s anger or disapproval when in fact it is an expression of His mercy and love. I am finding a new level of faith rising in my own heart as I re-interpret my life circumstance in light of this powerful truth. Thank you for putting handles on this truth for me. Very good!

Rank

Joined 2013-11-18

PM

Yes. I feel much more confident of my ability to speak to the issue of crisis because of the equipping from Arc of Empires. Seeing the parallels between how God dealt with Egypt and the things that are happening now show me the biblical pattern of God’s sovereignty. So when talking to people who either come from a perspective of ‘God wouldn’t do that if He is loving’ or ‘We have to pray to get right with God so He doesn’t keep punishing us’ I feel so much more capable of pointing God’s biblical pattern.

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2013-11-19

PM

I am in complete agreement with this statement even more so than before. We can see that the Israelites had to live through a crisis that was initiated by God in order to set them free from enslavement. None of the plagues placed on Egypt were random occurrences. Each one had a specific purpose and God was actively involved in every single one of them. Now when I see a crisis my reaction is not one of fear but of hope. If fear is our only reaction to crisis then we are not seeing the purpose of God in it. My hope is placed in the realization that no man by himself has an answer for all the crisis’ happening in the world today. We have to look at the crisis in America as God releasing us from a dependence on things not of Him. In other words we have to be prepared not if but when crisis increases so that we are not caught off guard.

Rank

Joined 2013-11-27

PM

Crisis looks completely different to me now. What I have found through reading this book is that God’s Sovereignty has been unveiled to me in a very clear and tangible way. Although this books describes a specific situation, the arc of the nation of America, I see that the principles are applicable in all of life. God is Sovereign, and that causes me to see crisis and darkness not as threatening or world shaking, but as a call to look at God. They are a cry from God calling to me to look at him.

Therefore my life looks different. The way I interact with situations and circumstances looks different.

It’s like watching a film. When I watch a film, sometimes there are moments where I either don’t understand what is going on, or it’s so horrible that I don’t want to watch anymore. But I do continue to watch, because I know that behind everything that is happening in the film is a Director who has crafted that film, and therefore I trust that when I reach the end of the film, the things that I at first didn’t understand will be made clear, and the things that were hard to go through will be worth it.

I look at crisis, or uncertainty differently now. I now see God’s guiding hand behind those things and know that they are not random, but there is order and architecture behind those things. So crisis, rather than being destabilising, actually draws me back to God even stronger.

Rank

Joined 2013-11-16

PM

God’s sovereignty is something that as the crisis has increased in the past several years has been vital to my faith and growth in understanding. This book provided clarity for me on the nature of God and His sovereign plans inside of nations. I especially loved the mapping of the history of the United States and how God used it for His purposes in the past. Everything in this book points us back to the mind of God and really discovering what He wants. After reading I see areas where I need to deal with any desire for comfort and peace in this world, it ripped those things away and now I feel the requirement to walk closer with God and completely replace any desire for comfort with desire to accomplish His will in the earth, in the crisis.

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2013-11-16

PM

I do agree with this statement more now than ever before. I have always trusted in the sovereignty of God. Trust in his sovereignty has literally saved my life. Yet there have been times when because I could not make ‘logical’ sense in what He was doing, my trust was passive. It wasn’t fully sighted of the God who knows the beginning from the end and will use whatever means necessary to achieve his purpose. Looking back, I can see that God was trying to engage me in a process that would bring me closer to Him. Proximity to God frees us from doubt and fear. It brings stability, peace and wisdom. This book has helped me to realize that while things may look random from the outside, that God is at work frees me from fear and doubt. God is superintending events to draw us to him. His desire is that “none should perish…”

Rank

Joined 2013-11-30

PM

I definitely find myself agreeing more with the statement that “crisis is the work of a Sovereign God leading us back to Him.” One way I see I can walk with sight and confidence through the crisis is to first trust my Father and desire to know Him instead of focusing on the external things I see happening because of the crisis. In the past, my first response was to focus on the crisis and hope and pray with all my might that it would stop and the sooner the better. That position has changed in me as I’ve come to more sight of why crisis is necessary, important, and purposed by God. As I seek to know God more, the more excited I get to encounter crisis. It’s starting with how I view my personal crises. My posture inside of them isn’t as much, God get me out of this but more God, what can I learn about you through this? How can I develop to become more like you through this? As I do this little by little on this small scale, I know it will impact me when major crisis comes. Ultimately, it’s empowering to know that God has a purpose and plan for everything and that what used to be a place of terror and fear (crisis on the earth or in my personal life) is now becoming a place of joy and strength because of how my sight of crisis has changed, and I am comforted and changed by the reality that it’s truly God bringing me back to Him. I am thankful for the sight I’ve gained through reading this book.

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-11-21

PM

I have always known that behind every crisis is the hand of God. After reading the book I am now moving from just knowing about to seeing the realty that crisis is not random. I have a reference point to that which I knew. This increases my faith greatly.  Therefore I cannot respond based on my human emotions but always seeing the hand of God behind everything. This has brought me to a place of stillness and peace inside my heart.

Rank

Joined 2013-11-27

PM

Reading this book certainly confirms that God is in charge and that fact takes away the awkwardness of trying to figure out and explain crisis. It causes me to look at the future with more hope and confidence and faith. I always knew God was sovereign but now I understand it much more. The premise in the introduction really exposes how the Church has been lulled into thinking that crisis is the result of the devil going crazy and that we as believers have to get God involved to stop the devil and the advancing darkness. It is so empowering and comforting to know that I do not have to fear the future because God is in control and I can rejoice every time He steps into the earth and smashes earth’s systems and structures. He is coming to release His people from their mortal chains of servitude in a fallen realm. I find my own faith incredibly strengthened and I am personally encouraged reading this book.