Dont Have an Account? Register for an Account Here

What was your initial impression of reading The Arc of Empires?

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-10-28

PM

Describe what stood out to you most? What was produced in your heart and mind?

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2013-11-20

PM

scottwebster - 21 November 2013 05:43 PM

I liked the Maturity Emphasis Scott mentioned comparing the people of God today in the Global Church to Ancient Egypt. In both eras God transforms His people into a powerful nation in their own right.  This prophetic comparison proclaims that while there is crisis in the nations there is great spiritual resource being released to God’s people.  This has increased my faith and hope knowing as crisis intensifies that God is forming a powerful nation in whom He will resource in the difficult times. He will not abandon us but this is the Day He has been longing for to reveal His glory in His saints. The book is truly an encouragement to me.

Rank

Joined 2013-11-22

PM

One of the first things that stood out to me was the prophetic clarity and sight into who and what America is in regards to the Scriptures. Growing up everyone always found Russia, or China, or Israel, or other nations in the pages of the Bible, but very rarely did anyone “find” the U.S. in the prophetic writings of Scripture.

It was really great to see the prophetic insight that the Lord has given Scott to help us to “see” our nation in the Bible!

Rank

Joined 2013-11-19

PM

I was really struck by the balance of this book. It is not meant to condemn the US and try and get the “nation to repent”, nor does it compromise the morals and values of the scriptures based on tolerance and “loving others”. It gives solid insight into the current state of the nation and how it is significant to believers who live here. In an environment that is as polarized as ours (Rep vs Dem, Fox News vs MSNBC, etc.), it is refreshing to read a book that presents Biblical truths and Godly wisdom without sensation.

Rank

Joined 2013-11-15

PM

I just finished the book. What a clear and thorough word! Not only was the parallel between USA and Ancient Egypt explained so well, this book contained very practical principles in how this applies to my personal life. Most importantly, this book increased my hope and joy amidst dark times. Immediately after I started the book, I felt more empowered to carry a correct attitude and perspective as I went to work and walked throughout my daily routines. I was more joyful because the book reminded of the context I live in - the Lord is drawing near! The darkness is nothing to fret; it is simply the result of a God preparing to take his people. Very encouraging…

Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2013-11-19

PM

It is clear that God has brought the people to a place of clarity and sight of our current world and that we are not as removed from the biblical past.  The comparisons from the days of Egypt and Moses to the current status of the US
is clearly the culmination of how a “super power”  can and is brought to its knees because of the demise in principles and values of the people.  God will have His church and he’s in no rush.  After reading this book I am encouraged, at peace, and can move forward despite what is occuring in the world.

Rank

Joined 2013-11-17

PM

The book really helped me to see God in what is going on in this country. Right away in the beginning, it helped me to realize that things are not just happening by chance, without the knowledge of God. It was encouraging to me because we can have wisdom in the midst of crisis- from God’s perspective, to help in correct decision making in our own lives and impacting those around us. It has such illumination of how we can live correctly in these times.

Rank

Joined 2013-11-25

PM

This book has opened my eyes and I am sure will open the eyes of many. It is like a new window through which we can see and understand more clearly God’s plan for the Nations. It is also a declaration of a New truth about the prophetic word of God, nothing like we have heard before.  For example, while everyone would have some appreciation that America has been a blessed Nation and in many ways a blessing to many, the metaphor of America being like ancient Egypt is a radical departure from widely held perceptions of God’s dealings with Nations, and indeed America itself. It has been easier and the norm among many believers to liken a blessed America to ancient Israel than to Egypt. Yet this radical shift in sight and understanding is so clearly expressed in the book that this truth feels like a tangible word of God. The prophetic word in this book is so crystal clear and its tangible emphasis on the redemptive power of God gives it the nature and the finger print of God. It is authentic, it is believable, and no one can remove all add anything from it.

Rank

Joined 2013-11-18

PM

The way that Scott and Marlon ‘connected the dots’ between heavenly things and earthly things was really astounding. I had so many “aha!” moments especially in seeing the history of America from a new angle- from the eyes of a Sovereign God. My appetite for eternity has increased from reading this book and it has solidified in me that I have nothing to be afraid of, but quite the contrary, I have everything to joy and trust in when I know that I am His.

Rank

Joined 2013-11-24

PM

This book is so full that the first time going through it in no way was I able to soak in all that this book has to offer. The book provides hope and a greater understanding of what is taking place in the world today, a way to see God’s sovereign hand inside of the crisis that is taking place in the world today.
It has brought excitement for the journey ahead that God has planned and a strong desire to partner with Him in the ways that the Israelites were called to for their time.

Rank

Joined 2013-11-23

PM

I think what stood out to me was seeing that God is in control of everything.  Understanding that all the nations are used for His purposes and to bring about His plans brings me great hope and peace.

Rank

Joined 2013-11-24

PM

To me what stood out the most was how clear the message was, very relavant and precise to where we are right now. 
The book really showed the redemptiveness of God and His purposes through the midst of crisis.  I was amazed at the smiliarties between Ancient Egypt and America.  Though America seems to be getting darker every day we know that God is working all things for His purposes.  We submit to whatever process He requires so that His will be done in the earth.  Though the reality in our surrounding is dark we can sense the Hope that we are moving towards the finish.

Rank

Joined 2013-11-15

PM

This book showed the patterns that have developed over history and the correlation between Ancient Egypt and Modern America.  The Transformation Imperatives described show what must be built into my heart and my family so that I can confidently stand firm in what God is doing no matter what is going on around us.  I feel empowered that I can truly partner with God as my eyes are opened further to what He is doing because “spiritual understanding facilitates correct earthly action and decision making”.

Rank

Joined 2013-11-26

PM

scottwebster - 21 November 2013 05:43 PM

Reading THE ARC OF EMPIRES greatly impacted me in many areas
with my position in the body of Christ. It also clearly made connections
into Gods purpose and it lifted my sight of vision!
He is totally in control of everything and has set His living word into
motion to fulfill His purpose and we, as a unify mature people in Christ
Is His purpose…to save His people!

The graphic Arc 4, visualized where I need to continue to be steadfast
so that as a unify mature body in Christ we can lift above the Hardening
and final Confrontation in order for “God to execute His ultimate purpose.”
The article you wrote on November 25th, concerning ERIC, is a definite
evidence that we have a pulse on God’s plan.

The connection with a Ancient Egypt and Modern America was
ingenious! I now have a book, intelligently written but simply and
clear enough that I can share with people in my life. This a revolutionary
book that I would recommend and continue to use as guide. Thank you for
such a prophetic gift and all your service!

Rank

Joined 2013-11-27

PM

What stood out to me the most was Ancient Egypt being a metaphor for Modern America.  I can say that I have never compared them to each other, but it makes total sense.  It adjusts the way I think and pray for the nation that God has placed me in.  It adjusts the way I see God in the midst of the crisis not only in America, but in the world, knowing that He is in all things; that He has a plan and a purpose.

Rank

Joined 2013-11-29

PM

Reading Arc of Empires helped me get an understanding of what’s going on in this increasing chaotic world. It also helped me see what God’s doing in my country. I volunteered to serve in the Army after September 11th, propelled by patriotism and a desire to “do right”. After a combat tour, I came back wondering if my patriotism had been taken advantage of and used. Arc of Empires showed me that I had been used, not by my country, but by a sovereign God to play a small role in accomplishing his purposes for this earth.

Rank

Joined 2013-11-27

PM

This book answered a lot of questions I had about what is happening in America and around the world. It really made me see how God’s hand is at work in the crisis that is happening all over. It has given me more faith and sight of God and His redemption, knowing He is sovereign and is in control. This book is one of those you need to read over again and again so much to meditate on.

Rank

Joined 2013-11-23

PM

Very well written and easy to understand.The similarity between Ancient Egypt and America was amazing! Very clear as to what is happening in the earth today. Knowing that God is in complete control of the crisis and the darkness gives us much peace. Marlon gives us the walking truth! Must be read more than once

Rank

Joined 2013-11-22

PM

My initial impression of the book was the thought. This book is so vastly God in all aspects, there’s no way you can argue your way to the end. But in all see Gods mind in the midst of the crisis all around us. It gives me great peace and comfort in knowing the truth. Also to learn more about the political aspects I’ve deprived myself through lack of schooling and research.

Rank

Joined 2013-11-24

PM

The Arc of Empires challenged me in many ways. It provided new perception of the current state of our nation, but it also provided some very practical steps that I can apply to how I live my life and manage my family during this time of national decline. Not only did it provide a new framework for understanding what is happening around me, but it really challenged me to live in a position of faith rather than fear during this season.

Rank

Joined 2013-11-15

PM

My first impression was that it was a revelation of Jesus Christ. Parts of God’s divine nature became clear apparent to me. It produced a change in perspective. It redefined my understanding of mortality and created a catalyst for a new level of faith to break free from pull of and imprisonment of mortality. Hence i now groan with confidence that God will answer.

It fixed my eschatology and reveals Christ at the end and not an event. You also gain clear sight of Gods divine sovereignty and He actually holds the entire world in His hand. A great read, could not put it down.

Rank

Joined 2013-11-30

PM

This book gives me a better perspective of this nation and its context within God’s agenda. It raised my sight, not only to see better through situations and patterns around me, but to now see clearer above the smoke into the macro purposes of our sovereign God as he leads us together.

Rank

Joined 2013-11-30

PM

A big impact point for me in reading Arc of Empire was the migration that took place inside the hearts and minds of the Israelites from being a slave to being the firstborn of God.  What jumped out to me at first about this was the understanding that the first generation of slaves would have been the only ones who knew what had been lost.  Those born into slavery had no idea of the freedom that had been lost to them.  This caught my heart with the recognition that I, too, was born into slavery, but that the requirement is now that I recognize it and journey in my heart out of it even though I am still living inside a system that would say otherwise.  The other thing in this process of transformation in the Israelites that stood out to me was that it was their partnership and obedience that enabled the purposes of God to be fulfilled in their generation.  They had to know inside of their hearts that they were this generation and obey God completely.  This has become my prayer that this transformation will take place in my heart that recognizes that “It is here.  It is now.  It is me.”

Rank

Joined 2013-11-23

PM

Whilst having conversations with my wife about the “Arc of Empires”, I was impacted that Liberation or the Finish of a move in God can happen in my time! It made me imagine the Israelites that after 400+ years of slavery not a single one of them could fathom that at the end of the plaques they would be free. I am grateful for this parallel because they obeyed and I know how it ends! I can be one of those persons that was dressed with my candle lighted in my windowsill and ready to depart because if not now when?

Rank

Joined 2014-01-19

PM

The initial impact of the Arc of Empires, for me, came from the clarity of the prophetic metaphor given by God. The clear connection between ancient Egypt and modern America is eye opening. As well, when we know that the Old Testament is a “type and a shadow” of things to come it builds our faith in God, our trust in His sovereignty, and show’s His desire to give clear instruction to his people (us) in modern times. The book brought me comfort and reassurance to know that if we obey God and build the right structures in our life, our families will be safe in the coming times of crisis. This book has removed the haze of uncertainty about the future here in America, and replaced it with certainty that God’s purpose is coming, even as darkness increases.