Dont Have an Account? Register for an Account Here

God’s Sovereignty

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2013-11-19

PM

The book helped me to see God’s sovereignty in the affairs of nations, current struggles and natural disasters that are happening now.  It strengthens my faith in knowing that God has everything under control and that we have a role to play in living correctly through the crisis.  Discovering destiny in His plans helps to answer questions that have been asked about circumstances in life.  My part is to find my way in His grace to live according to His direction and be obedient to His commands and leading.  This gives me peace in knowing that all will be well as I work out my salvation in partnering with Him to bring about His final purpose.

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-11-23

PM

Throughout reading the book I really saw Gods sovereignty as an underlying theme through the whole of it. One thing talked about is that God is over the good and the bad and in Gods purposes and plans the bad accomplish’s his will as well as blessings. This has challenged me because the mentality that life is a series of blessings and setbacks, or that sometimes bad things happen and nobody knows why are very prevalant. But to look at it from a higher viewpoint and see that it is all one flow of redemption encourages me. I can actually grow in tough times and do not have to have a sense of guilt or shame about it, and know that there is no randomness and everything is for a specific purpose.
  I did notice that when disasters or meltdown was happening Gods redemptive nature was always right along side of these events and even the cause of them. It is beautiful to look back at our lives or biblical events and see the pain and then see how God made sense of it all and made us stronger.

Rank

Joined 2013-11-24

PM

I’ve always said that God was Sovereign, but in hearing this word from God I can definitely say that my sight has been adjusted. My faith has increased, and my sight of His Sovereignty has increased. I don’t know how you could read this book and not see how God is orchestrating all the events of the earth and bringing us back to Himself. What an incredible God and incredible timing to receive this word. Thank you for your obedience Scott and Marlon.

Rank

Joined 2013-11-23

PM

While reading the book I felt as the Lord was truly giving me more understanding into God’s sovereignty. Arc of Empires has helped me to see that God has the answers and that He is in control of all things good and bad. I think that viewing things in this light really takes away power from the enemy. For many years I believed that anything negative in my life was the attack of the enemy but coming into more light of God’s sovereignty I see that challenges in life have been used to build me and strengthen me in the Lord. Putting this light into the understanding of the challenges America is facing in this day is like seeing that God allows trial, crisis, challenges to ultimately fulfill His will. Just as challenges or difficult times in life should produce in us more faith seeing the crisis in the earth should produce more faith in that God is near and that His ultimate purposes are being brought into fulfillment.

Rank

Joined 2013-11-27

PM

I have heard the message about the sovereignty of God over and over but this book brought a perspective to it that really helped me bring it back to all round elementary application in my life. I was able to apply the understanding of the sovereignty of God to every area of my life from family to future plans and this insight brought another level of peace to my heart. If I can see and understand what God is doing good or bad then I can build parallel to His work on earth, in my family, community and most of all in my individual life..

Rank

Joined 2013-11-28

PM

This book opened my eyes to a new level of God’s sovereignty. I’m seeing His purposes for the rise and fall of nations in a new way. He is the one that made America great and is the one that will bring it down for His redemptive purposes. Along with that, I see we have to remove our personal preferences, ideas and opinions about how God will move. We have to trust that everything He is doing is good. For me personally, I guess I’m seeing more of those filters and mindsets I grew up with that I thought were always right. They are right in my natural mind, but are they in line with the overriding purposes of God? God’s overall purpose is more vast than we understand or see. He’ll do things that may not make sense at the moment to our natural minds. I think of Romans 9 where Paul compares us with clay is saying, really, who do we think we are that we can talk back to God telling Him He should have done things differently? The whole chapter is so eye-opening, because you see that God created certain things for destruction so that His power and mercy could be shown. He puts certain people in authority (maybe contrary to our natural minds) for His ultimate purposes and sends people to certain places for the same reason. I think of people like Daniel and Joseph who were placed in Babylon and Egypt, maybe against their own desire or preference, but it brought about the overall purpose of God. For me, I need to be rid of my personal preference or opinion and submit to His sovereign plan. I need to change my thinking system on how I want to live my life because His plan for me may look different than what I think. For God to complete His ultimate purposes, we have to trust, obey and submit under His leadership.