Dont Have an Account? Register for an Account Here

Scott Webster Ministries

Will America Be Restored? Part 3 Discussion Questions

Rank

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2013-11-14

PM

At the end of Will America Be Restored - Part 3, Scott poses some questions to consider as part of our personal process to grow spiritually:

What stops you from inquiring of the Lord for your life?

Do you feel it is valuable and important to know what God’s will for America holds?  Why or why not?

What does it mean for you personally to “sweep your house”?

Can you describe how you are “searching carefully”?

How will inquiring of the Lord regarding America impact your ability to respond to the present crisis?

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2014-11-06

PM

I know that in regard to the first question, the thing that has stopped me from asking the Lord what He wants is my own set of assumptions.  Looking back over my life I see that there have been times that it never even crossed my mind to ask the Lord because I was blindly walking in what I presumed was the correct course of action.  As I have grown in my relationship with the Lord I have learned to inquire continually and be like David, who always asked the Lord, “shall I go up?” before he went charging into battle.  It goes against our natural wisdom which tells us that the more mature we become the more we can trust our own judgement, but in the Kingdom it works almost the opposite.  The more mature I become in Christ, the more I lean into Him because there is nothing I have to think or say that compares to His thoughts.  When I ask Him I find that there are always things that I would not have considered if I had not asked.

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2015-06-16

PM

I can definitely relate to what Brian said above. We must resist the arrival mentality in which we begin to develop an “I’ve got it from here God” type mentality. Another issue I find that stops me from inquiring is fear; fear of change, fear of not hearing anything, fear of exposure, and the list can go on and on. However, every ounce of fear is dispelled when truth from His word is allowed a voice. Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. The question then begs to be asked: Why wouldn’t I want to know the plans He has?

Also, when I think of sweeping my house, I think of the routine sweeping that is done on a regular basis, then there’s the deep clean sweeping that happens on “special” occasions. The difference between the two is the intent. When I liken this to the process of inquiry, I can see that the first method of just hitting the open areas and going around the furniture is similar to asking questions but still not possessing the spirit of inquiry. There’s no real interest in seeing what is underneath or behind the couch. You find yourself assuming that it is clean; out of sight…out of mind. In contrast, the second method reveals a desire to make sure every particle has been exposed and discovered. The intent is to uncover anything that is hidden. God does not revel in the art of keeping things hidden from His children; however, I am responsible to come before Him with a heart of humility and genuine searching. Psalms 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings. This means that I am no longer satisfied with forming opinions based on massively generalized concepts or ideas. If I find clutter getting in the way or even if it’s something I once viewed as useful, I hold it up before Him instead of assuming it belongs or doesn’t belong.